Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Zoe and Mia are two delighted little people after a week of family festivities for Thanksgiving. They both warmed up really easily to our family and friends who came by to share the holidays with us. Zoe was a real trooper given that she wasn't feeling very well most of the week. Despite a nasty cough, she played easily, ate well, and took her naps. Bless you Zoe. The only time I can think of that I got any push-back was when I asked her to say hello to someone that had come over for brunch. She walked over to him, and then turned around and came back to me and whispered in my ear, "but mommy, I don't know that man." Good girl. I like your stranger radar. She was flexible enough that when I told her that he was a good friend of mommy and daddy's and grandpa Ed's, she said "ok" and later they played some together.

Mia was eager to crawl and stand anywhere near people or near objects that she could stick in her mouth. She continues to teeth a lot. She's also trying to perfect her standing skills. Now she's trying to stand independently with objects in both hands (and sometimes in her mouth too).

Thank you to the Levines and the Sirkins for sharing the holidays with us. We know that people typically hate traveling over this week, and we were so glad that you chose to come again. We enjoyed having you. 




1 comment:

mama sirkin said...

We loved spending the holiday with you. Actually, we love spending ANY day with you!!!!!
:-)