Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My life is...

BUGGING ME at the moment. Zoe and Mia were making me a little nuts tonight. Mia was biting me and pulling my hair. All unintentional of course. She thinks she's stroking my hair while I'm feeding her. I think I'm going to go bald if she keeps it up. And she's teething like crazy and is definitely uncomfortable. She also had a flu shot today. She was in a generally good mood though I must admit.

Zoe has taken to not answering any questions until we are home and it's bedtime. She has become so fond of our nighttime routine of talking about our day that she wants to store up all her conversation until then. So, what does that look like? "Hey Zoe, what did you think of that new swim teacher?" "Let's talk about that at home at bed time." "Ok. By the way, what did you have for snack today?" "Let's talk about that when we talk about our day." She's also still talking about who is...and who is not...her friend and telling people to go away. Not nice.

And, to top it off I had a co-op meeting tonight...after swim class at the place where I got harassed for breastfeeding last week. I should have known that it was a set up to go to both after a super long client day (up since 4:30 am this a.m.) on the night before Scott heads back out of town when I was already annoyed with both little people. But, sometimes I just can't say no. So, swimming annoyed me and the meeting at school really annoyed me. 

But, it's all done and everyone is asleep. Silver lining!

3 comments:

Marya said...

You could have written this post about David. He tells any given person to "go away" for no apparent reason. I know Zoe's behavior isn't fun and I wanted you to know that Zoe and her behavior is in good company. Hang in there.

Silvia said...

Samuel likes to respond "I don't care", not exactly "go away" but definitely in the same category.

V said...

Don't fret too much about Zoe and who is or isn't her friend at this point...I would take it as part of normal development, the way she's also learning to classify things by color, or shape.

There could also be perfectly benign reasons behind why some kids aren't her friends--like they've never played together.

It will start to matter when she gives startling reasons for why some kids aren't her friends, but then she'll also be older and the conversations you can have about it will make an impact.