Friday, November 14, 2008

Hide-And-Go-Seek

Zoe has a new secret joy that I have yet to participated in. She clearly has an underground play routine of finding something, doing something with it, and then putting it somewhere no one can find it. I have no idea when she's doing this, and can't believe I haven't caught her in the act.

For a while, I thought things were just getting misplaced because there are lots of people in and around the house. But then I started finding things that couldn't have simply been misplaced. Like the stack of Mia's burp clothes which were removed from her dresser drawer at some point and found scrunched underneath a dresser in another room. Or, the tupperware that turned up in a strange cabinet. 

So, for now, I've started keeping a list of "Stuff Gone Missing". I share the list with anyone interested and hope things turn up. They usually do. The one outstanding and most feared item on the list (my "Laurie's Most Wanted") is the red marker. We have lots or random markers and crayons floating around the house I'm sure, but this is a super fat new marker which is how I know it's missing. We had agreed, or so I thought, to keep it in a box with the few others that came in the package. Please let it have it's cap on where ever it is.

No comments: